Friday, September 15, 2006

Not again ...

I've already shown I'm not a "typical" parent. When the monkeys were little, I just bought the toys I thought were cool and didn't worry too much about age restrictions. O.K., I'm not stoopid. I didn't buy a chemistry set for a 2 year old. I'm talking about the choking hazard stuff -- not suitable for children under 3 -- you know.

So, now that the youngest is 5 I shouldn't have to think about it at all anymore, right? Do you see where this is going?

Max got a pirate costume yesterday. Hat, sword, hook and eyepatch. I know you're thinking a sword for a nutjob isn't a good idea ... but it was the eyepatch that was the culprit.

He was fooling around and popped himself in the eye. There is a skull on the eyepatch with the teeth cut out and the patch poked in and scratched his eye. It happened at 10 a.m. He couldn't go to school. He laid in bed all day. He has yet to open his eyes. He's been blinded by the pirate custume not suitable for children under 3. Now I believe these toys should also come with an IQ test.

I'm joking because I left his side for 20 minutes yesterday afternoon. I came back in the room and the TV channel was changed to cartoons and he was "listening" to his favorite show. I'm sure he's a peeker, so he'll be fine today. It will be miraculous. Or we will go to the doctor. Jesus gave him money once, so I'm hoping for the former.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Sometimes I think Lou is a peeker too.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Malcolm L Shearer said...

oh peeker. I thought you said...well never mind.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Malcolm L Shearer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when my skull eye patch pokes me in the eye.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home