Thursday, September 07, 2006

Don't wake me ...



My 6 year old, Jaybean, is a dreamer. It's hard for her to stay on track when doing any task. Homework takes her hours ... as does eating, walking, telling a story and anything done in the bathroom.

So, when I found out she missed recess because she isn't getting classwork done on time, I wanted to help her change. I first explained that "dawdling" isn't helpful and we have to focus more to get things done in a timely manner.


My husband and I sit with her doing homework and try to keep her moving along on track without dawdling. I push her through the morning routine at a regular pace, all the while reminding her not to dawdle. I reminde her as she goes into class not to dawdle while doing her work. I really felt I was making progress.

She went outside to talk with her Dad after about a week of my dawdle-pestering and said, "Dad, what's dawdling?"

On a totally separate note, Sara's bored of her millions of knitting projects, so now she's added this:


Also, here's a picture I wanted to share with the world and I would also like to mention that Beth is a v-pig.


Ain't Betha cute? How did we ever share a bed so long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home