Wednesday, November 14, 2007

VENT!

OK. I can't take this writer's strike any more! No, it's not affecting my TV watching. It's just stupid!

If I hire a painter to put a mural on my living room wall and pay him well, is he entitled to a percentage when I sell my house? If the mural is still there when the house is sold again ... another percentage?

The writers took no gamble on a show when the wrote it. The were paid --- sometimes in the six-figure range --- to do their JOB. The producers took the gamble. The producers put the money out in the hopes of making more. Then when the show hits the internet or on a mobile device, somehow the writer is owed more? Where was his gamble? He got paid for pete's sake!

So, I give Joe $60 and ask him to put $50 on the number 6 horse in the third race. He's gonna be at the track anyway and I can't make it. He gets to keep $10 for doing me this JOB. Then the horse hits it big. Does Joe get a percentage of the winnings? NO! It wasn't in our contract and he didn't really take the gamble, did he? If the horse was a looser would he give me back $5 of what I paid him?

Hollywood lunacy! The writers are fools and theives. The producers are crazy.

The writers will win .... just like they did in the 80s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better give Joe a cut from your winnings or he will tell you he forgot to play your horse and here is your F-in 60 buck. And it just so happens Joe won on the #6. Where was I going with this. What strike? Did you see that badazz truck on the super cool ME blog?

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home